After successful slipstreaming all updates for the Forefront TMG installation media I tried to duplicate the success for the Forefront TMG Client installer, which lacks update KB2616324.
I failed to slipstream this update, although it looks like it is going fine, the installer is not updated. After running the “updated” installer it still installs as 7.0.7734.100 instead of 7.0.7734.186.
I checked the patch file with Orca, and it looks all OK but doesn’t seem to work out. Applying the update to a system with the Forefront TMG Client installed, works as expected. Will need to deploy this update after Forefront TMG Client deployment.
From Microsoft only the Forefront TMG Retail (7.0.7734.100) version is available, so if you do a fresh install you need to apply at least the following updates:
- Service Pack 1 (7.0.8108.200)
- Service Pack 1 Software Update 1 (7.0.9027.400)
- Service Pack 2 (7.0.9193.500)
- Service Pack 2 Update Rollup 4 (7.0.9193.601)
These updates all take serious time to install when applied to a system. Not a bug issue, since you don’t have to attend the whole process. But when a new installation is part of the recovery strategy, time is precious.
To slipstream the files:
- Copy the Forefront installation media to a writable location
- Download the updates.
- Apply them using the Windows Installer (msiexec.exe) with the /a /p parameters.